My last post focused on the top gas grills that cost less than 500 dollars and was really appreciated by a lot of readers because it took the whole guesswork and research process out of the way. However, some of you wrote in saying that you would have loved to see some cheaper options, preferably in the sub 200 dollar range so I thought why not give people what they want!
All 3 gas grills mentioned below come from Char Broil which is one of the market leaders when it comes to grilling and bbq appliances. You can be rest assured of their quality and after having tested a whole lot of options in this price range, I’ve come up with this list of the best gas grills under $200.
If you still want to choose only one among the three, then simply go with my #1 choice which is the Char Broil 4 Burner Gas Grill and you’ll be thanking me for it! Without further ado, let’s dig into this detailed review of the top 3 gas grills under 200 dollars!
1. Char-Broil 480 4 Burner Gas Grill
When we talk about the outdoor cooking industry, we can state for sure that Char-Broil has lots of experience due to the long and rich history of the company. Moreover, Char-Broil is also one of the most popular brands within the grill world. Many grilling enthusiasts who search for the best gas grills eventually turn their attention to Char Broil as people know that they will discover a quality grill at this company and at a more affordable option. When it comes to the best rated gas grills under 200 dollars, you will not find a better producer than Char Broil.
The Char Brail 480 4 burner occupies the first position on our list. There are lots of additional features integrated in this gas grill, which is also bigger in size than the others on this list and in fact, it’s also my choice for the best 4 burner gas grill. There is 480 main cooking space and 180 secondary warming space incorporated in this 4 burner gas grill and you can grill up to 8 burgers and heat up the garnishes and sauces simultaneously with this baby. We can say that this grilling station is really efficient for its size, since it can heat up over 40,000 BTU. The side burner is also good since it can produce 10,000 BTUs.
You will find some stainless steel parts included in the new Char-Broil 480 grill, since the producers have decided to change the conventional all-black design. This measure was taken in order to prevent the appliance from getting rusted and to offer an increased construction quality. You will find it really simple to assemble the parts of this grill, even though it feels heavy and has a sturdy built.
Product details for the grill geeks out there:
- The Char-Broil 4 burner is a 40,000 BTU gas grill that includes a 10,000 BTU lidded side burner
- The primary cooking space has 480 square inches on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 180 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing away
- People have lots of workspace due to the large metal side shelves and the appliance can be easily moved with the help of the 7 wheels
- The design and durability of this grill is increased due to the stainless still lid, handle, and control panel.
- You can obtain a reliable spark at each and every push due to the electronic ignition system incorporated in this device
2. Char-Broil Classic 300 with Single Door
Even though the Char Broil Classic 300 is smaller in size, it has enough power to heat your grill properly. You can rest assured that you will receive enough heat from this two-burner gas grill due to its 30,000 BTUs and in fact, for those of you who have little room to store big sized gas grills, this one is definitely advised from my side.
Smaller families will find this type of grill really efficient, since it has lots of space thanks to its 420 sq. inches of cooking area. The cooking area is divided into two parts: the warming rack of 120 sq. inch and the primary cooking space of 300 sq. inches. It can be quite easy to move this compact-size appliance, since it includes 4 casters.
However, you will not find too many fancy features on this model. I really recommend this grill in case you are searching for an affordable grill that can do the job properly and is definitely one of the best options in the market when it comes to choosing the best gas grills under 200 dollars.
Even though the grill includes a list price of over $200, you can buy it at a cheaper price online and in fact, this one’s available for less than 200 dollars on Amazon. You will surely enjoy using this amazing grill, since it has been rated 4 out of 5 stars.
Product Details for grill geeks:
- Char-Broil 2 burner, 30,000 BTU gas grill
- The primary cooking space consists of porcelain-coated cast iron grates of 300 sq. inches, while the warming area occupies 120 sq. inches
- People can store this grill easily as the metal side shelves fold down easily
- This will surely withstand the elements due to the durable porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox
- You will surely obtain a reliable spark every time due to the electronic ignition system
3. Char-Broil 26,500 BTU 2-Burner gas grill
Another amazing grill manufactured by Char-Broil is the 26,500 BTU gas grill. This would be a good option for any kind of griller as it comes equipped with 2 aluminized burners, porcelain-coated wire cooking grates, and a durable porcelain steel lid and firebox. People can customize each cooking session since each burner features its own control. There is also a reliable push button ignition on the grill and overall it has 280 sq. inches of cooking space and 26,500 BTUs of cooking power.
Personally, I have found the assembly quite difficult and the directions not as clear as they should, which is the primary disadvantage of this model. However, the fact that this grill has a very good performance considering the low price tag more than makes up for this little con. People who don`t want to spend too much money while getting into grilling will surely enjoy this model.
In fact, thanks to an ongoing deal at Amazon, you can pick this top rated gas grill for less than $100 and this makes it a great option for people who are looking to do some casual grilling.
I do not recommend buying a cheaper grill than this one because you will surely lose a big part on the cooking quality.
Product details for the grill geeks:
- 26,500 BTU
- 280 sq. inch cooking area
- Durable porcelain steel lid and firebox
- Piezo push button ignition
- Full front panel and 6 inch wheels